Integral Blue, LLC is currently seeking an experienced Utility Staking Technician that will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power and cable systems. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate. The Utility Staking Technician will be responsible for collaborating with contractors and consultants to ensure damage free excavations and troubleshoot difficult locates.
This position will work out of our Madison Heights, Michigan office and will require regular travel to locations throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula. Some work in the upper peninsula and out of state may be required. This position will be provided with a take home company vehicle and is eligible for paid drive time according to company policy. Lodging and meal Per Diems are provided when overnight stays are required.
The chosen candidate will be initially hired full-time through a contract agency for approximately 90 days. Following the 90-day introductory period and successful competency review by IB a full-time direct hire employment offer will be made. This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and paid vacation time.
· Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions; outdoor experience preferred
· Must be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds
· Must be computer proficient
· Must be able to analyzes construction plan sets, as-built drawings, schematics and interconnect drawings of electrical and communication systems for the purpose of determining the presence and location of underground utilities
· Must be available to work overtime and some weekends (as needed)
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required
· Must pass a drug screen
· Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
· Previous experiencing with utility staking principles in various contexts
· Previous experience with Utility Staking Equipment
· Utility Staking Certification
· Previous experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems
· Engineering Technologist certification or degree
Please visit our “About” page to check out our updated Vision, Mission and Core Values!
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to email@example.com with “Utility Staking Technician” specified in the subject line.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer