Integral Blue, LLC is seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Lead “Deputy Project Manager” for maintenance projects in Southeast Michigan, directly supervising and overseeing activities of Integral Blue personnel. This position will work closely with the on-site-contract management staff and the client to regularly ensure ITS maintenance and operations meet all requirements and expectations. The ITS Lead will report to one of Integral Blue’s Associate Vice Presidents.
Education/Credentials/Conditions of Employment:
- Authorized to work in the USA.
- Valid, current Michigan Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical exam.
Any of the Following Qualifications are Desired:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience listed within the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities section.
- At least two to three years of maintenance work experience related within the industry of IT, ITS, electrical, electronic, and/or telecommunication systems.
- Any BICSI Certifications – RCDD, RTPM, OSP, TECH, INST1, INSTC, INSTF
- Any Cisco certifications – CCENT, CCT, CCNA, CCNP
- CompTIA – A+, Network+, Security+
- CWNP – CWNA, CWSP, CWAP, CWDP
- ISC2 – SSCP, CCSP, CISSP
- ITIL Certifications
- Microsoft Certifications
- Professional Engineering (PE) Licensed in the State of Michigan
- Project Management Institute – CAPM, PMP
- SolarWinds Certified Professional (SCP)
- Any existing knowledge, skills, or abilities related to Intelligent Transportation Systems, video display systems, IT networks, SCADA, connected vehicle technology, or backhaul communications such as wireless and fiber optics.
- Supervise ITS team members including Engineers, Technicians, and specialized staff.
- Review, audit, and resolve issues of outstanding work orders assigned to ITS Technicians.
- Oversee and direct activities of engineering-related tasks assigned to the ITS Engineers.
- Review timesheets for IB staff, awareness of vacation requests, and update vacation calendar.
- Perform or facilitate training to employees on hardware, software, theory, practice or procedure related to either accomplishing routine or non-routine tasks.
- Maintain and update ITS Training Plan; apply training plan for new and existing ITS staff.
- Conduct performance reviews according to company requirements.
- Attend meetings involved with ITS maintenance, engineering, and construction activities.
- Coordinate and facilitate the assignment of ITS staff to support internal/external client projects.
- Perform daily review of ITS network infrastructure, systems, and supporting services.
- Identify problematic sites, analyze history, and facilitate repairs with electrical groups.
- Follow-up with vendors about systemic, on-going issues or problems with ITS hardware.
- Oversight and management of ITS network security practices and incident response.
- Fill out, process, archive paperwork, to include overall tracking of ITS spare parts and materials ordering between stockroom, vendors, and management.
- Facilitate and coordinate external resources needed to accomplish specific ITS maintenance tasks that involve backhaul radios, fiber, or other ITS devices such as Connected Vehicle/Roadside Units (CV/RSU).
- Review project recommendations made by ITS Engineers, both inside and outside of the project group.
- Assist Engineering and Operations staff with specific tasks such as checking on outages, historical events, and operational status of certain devices, intersections, or corridors.
- Lead or assist in site evaluations (site walks) with electrical groups to propose changes to intersections, or entire corridors, that optimize or improve data/signal quality and availability.
- Conduct research and assist with the development of new or existing ITS-related technologies in regard to maintenance, construction, or optimization of ITS devices or infrastructure.
- Evaluate and recommend contract/policy changes to various ITS maintenance support services.
- Process and handle Video Management System (VMS) user requests, changes, or issues by VMS users via VMS Support E-mail; includes updating logs and tracking of new and existing users.
- Provide active and forecasted project updates to ITS staff regarding new devices, systems, and changes to the existing ITS network within their assigned zones and across the regions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the designated supervisor and IB Management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical ability.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of IT engineering guiding principles and practices, including Layer 2 / Layer 3 network design, data throughput capacity analysis, network security, and Frame Relay communications.
- Knowledge of design theories and applications of video multicast traffic, including field experience on deployment of leased lines, wireless, fiber optic, and twisted-pair Ethernet network devices and systems.
- Knowledge of network components, device integration procedures and techniques, IT network design, architecture, and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment failure.
- Knowledge of analog and video transmission methods, practices, and modes of transmission.
- Knowledge of operating specialized electronic testing tools, diagnosing problems in sensory and control equipment, and recommending corrective action.
- Knowledge and familiarity of basic electronics and electrical theory to include AC/DC voltage, resistance, current, induction, Ohm’s law, grounding, and bonding.
- Skill in writing, compiling and reviewing technical data, specifications, and documentation.
- Skill in interpreting technical information and producing deployment plans.
- Skill in installing, maintaining, integrating, and testing IT electronic and network systems.
- Skill in creating, reading and interpreting maps, electrical diagrams, and specifications.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Ability to lead, supervise, and train professional and technical personnel.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment and balance the needs and priorities of the prime contractor, client stakeholders, and Integral Blue leadership.
- Ability to work cooperatively with client personnel, contractors, governmental agencies (local, state, and federal), the general public, and others to prevent, resolve, or minimize ITS related problems and optimize the implementation results of ITS devices, systems, and technologies
- Ability to read, understand and follow complex specifications, schematics, and manuals.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize projects, tasks, and actions.
- Ability to gather project requirements and assist in ordering necessary materials and equipment.
- Ability to give instructions in work procedures, safety practices, technical aspects, department policies, and related requirements.
- Ability to present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to review, evaluate, and measure employee performance.
- Ability to provide mentorship and impose corrective actions against employees when necessary.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Work in both indoor and outdoor environments, which may include inclement weather, extreme cold or warm conditions, nearby vehicular traffic, within construction zones, and around construction machinery (environment ratio of 90% indoor/office and 10% outdoor/field).
- Possible occasional state-wide travel.
- Regular travel to and from Integral Blue’s Corporate Office in Madison Heights, MI.
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to email@example.com with “ITS Lead” specified in the subject line.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please visit www.integral-blue.com to check out our updated Vision, Mission and Core Values!