The Human Resource Generalist will assist with all the daily functions of the IB HR Department including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding & offboarding, benefits, leave of absences, performance management, maintaining company policies and procedures, maintaining employee files, training and development, compliance with government and contractor regulations, and ensuring positive employee relations. This position will work out of IB’s Corporate Office in Madison Heights, MI. *IB follows all State of Michigan and CDC workplace requirements. Designated as “Essential Services” IB’s operations have been in full effect throughout the pandemic, and all employees that are able to perform their work remotely are doing so. Initial training and certain tasks will require the individual to work from the IB Office.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package including:
• Competitive wage compensation
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays
• Health, dental, vision group benefits options
• Short Term Disability option
• Company-paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long-Term Disability coverages
• Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
• 401k with a match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
• Education assistance
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Assists with new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law to promote and refine HR programs and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritize tasks effectively.
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times.
- Use knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- At least one year of human resource professional experience.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical, and background checks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Qualifications desired but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Microsoft Teams
Health and Safety:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents, and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Occasional day trips may be required.
- Possible overnight travel may be required.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer