Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer with Professional Engineering (PE) License in the state of Michigan or transferrable to the State of Michigan will be responsible for Consulting, Construction, and Maintenance projects that will assist with all technical aspects of multiple projects from developing repair plans to device failures and network integration, coordinating with a team of Project Managers, Network and Systems engineers, and technicians. The ITS Engineer will report to one of Integral Blue’s Associate Vice Presidents.
This position will work out of Integral Blue’s Auburn Hills, Michigan office with remote work flexibility.
Integral Blue is open to considering applicants of all experience levels for this position.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package including:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, and Accident coverage options
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverages
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance – $5,250 annually
- Cellular Phone – $100 annually
- Safety Boot Reimbursement – $200
- Employee Referral Incentive – $1,200
- Device configurations for initial integration of ITS devices and maintenance/repair.
- Examples of devices include cellular modems, firewalls, ethernet switches (L2 and L3),
- CCTV, video walls, video management software, network monitoring software, etc.
- Develop and/or review bill of materials for different technical project components
- Develop project submittals that meet proposal specs and plans to include the following:
- Device Cut-Sheets
- Equipment Configuration Plan
- Implementation Plan
- Acceptance Test Plan
- IP Scheme development
- Configure or support configuration of IP devices
- Assist project manager to develop project schedule
- Assist project manager with proposal/plan “take-offs” and specification review in preparation for project bid estimate.
- Assist with technical proposal development
- Generate technical diagrams, engineering and as-built drawings, scopes of work, test plans and procedures, implementation plans, project schedules, and bid packages.
- Successfully communicate project scope and requirements to subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare communication network diagrams, fiber splice diagrams and Ethernet addressing layouts.
- Perform project specific engineering related to wireless radios, fiber optic cable, network engineering, and ITS device integration.
- Attend project meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by designated supervisor and IB Management.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science,
- Civil Engineering, or similar degree that qualifies towards PE License in MI.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Good problem solving and analytical ability
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
Qualifications Desired but Not Required
- Any BICSI Certifications – RCDD, RTPM, OSP, TECH, INST1, INSTC, INSTF
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bicsi Certifications
- Fiber Certifications
- Wireless Certifications
- Networking, IP, or Cybersecurity Certifications
- Any existing knowledge, skills, or abilities related to Intelligent Transportation Systems, video display systems, IT networks, connect vehicle technology, traffic signal networks, or backhaul communications such as wireless and fiber optics.
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Occasional state-wide travel.
- Possible out of state travel.
- Regular travel to and from Integral Blue’s Corporate Office in Auburn Hills, MI when not working remote.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer