The Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of a ITS/technology project from device submittals through final project acceptance. This entry level position provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to work with project managers and other Engineers to coordinate and oversee all technical submittals and installation/integration activities. The ITS Engineer will also work with and direct ITS Field Technicians to ensure that they are properly equipped with plans, equipment, and tools. This position will work out of Integral Blue’s Madison Heights, Michigan office. *IB follows State of Michigan and CDC workplace requirements. Designated as “Essential Services” IB’s operations have been in full effect throughout the pandemic, and all employees that are able to perform their work remotely are doing so.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which including:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Short Term Disability option
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverage
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or review bill of materials for different technical project components
- Develop project submittals that meet proposal specs and plans to include the following
- Device Cut-Sheets
- Equipment Configuration Plan
- Implementation Plan
- Acceptance Test Plan
- IP Scheme development
- Configure or support configuration of IP devices
- Assist project manager to develop project schedule
- Assist project manager with proposal/plan “take-offs” and specification review in preparation for project bid estimate.
- Assist with technical proposal development
- Generate technical diagrams, engineering and as-built drawings, scopes of work, test plans and procedures, implementation plans, project schedules, and bid packages.
- Successfully communicate project scope and requirements to subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare communication network diagrams, fiber splice diagrams and Ethernet addressing layouts.
- Perform project specific engineering related to wireless radios, fiber optic cable, network engineering, and ITS device integration.
- Attend project meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by designated supervisor and IB Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, computer Engineering, related Engineering degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree, or current pursuit of degree, from an ABET accredited school with intent to obtain a PE license in the future.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Any of the Following Qualifications Desired but not Required:
- Networking Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CompTIA
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Certifications such as RCDD, OSP, or BICSI TECH
- Fiber Certifications
- Wireless Certifications
- Any existing knowledge, skills, or abilities related to Intelligent Transportation Systems, video display systems, IT networks, or backhaul communications such as wireless, cellular, and fiber optics.
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Occasional state-wide travel.
- Regular travel to and from Integral Blue’s Corporate Office in Madison Heights, MI.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to email@example.com with “ITS Engineer” specified in the subject line.