Integral Blue, LLC (IB) is seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator that will be responsible for maintaining IB’s Information Technology (IT) systems and supporting IB’s staff members with IT-related issues. The Jr. Systems Administrator will also maintain and support IB’s system mockup and Network Operations Center (NOC) environments and will be mentored in the operation and support of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) software and technologies.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which including:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Health, dental, vision group benefits coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, and Accident coverage options
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverages
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
- Review, assess and respond to requests by IB staff for IT issues, including hardware, software, server, and network access / performance problems.
- Respond to requests for support with various industry-specific applications and tools.
- Perform system monitoring and routine care of staff members’ portable laptops and other workstations.
- Perform remedial and preventative maintenance on IB’s physical and virtual servers.
- Purchase and provision new laptops and workstations for users.
- Maintain IB’s Active Directory (AD), Azure, and Microsoft 365 environments.
- Maintain IB’s asset database for all IT systems and infrastructure.
- Administrate and manage IB’s various enterprise internal and cloud-based services.
- Onboard and offboard users in IB’s various enterprise applications.
- Provision and support IB’s VoIP phone systems and companion cloud interface.
- Manage the inventory of IT-related components and consumables including laptop chargers, docking stations, etc.
- Oversee the allocation of space, organization, tools, inventory, and setup/teardown of the IB systems laboratory environment
- Perform remedial and preventative maintenance on IB’s office network infrastructure, including remote office locations.
- Update and maintain IB’s internal IT knowledge base, SOPs, and other documentation
- Manage IB system and asset lifecycles, including warranty tracking and system obsolescence planning.
- Maintain IB’s systems mockup and Network Operations Center (NOC) physical environments, including network and remote access configurations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Authorization to work in the US
- 5+ years in a professional enterprise IT environment, with at least 2 of those years being in the administration of servers, infrastructure, and other systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a related field with technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Entry-level IT Certifications (CCNA, Network+, Security+, A+, etc.)
- Any still-current Microsoft system certifications
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Familiarity with IP networks (IPv4 and IPv6), routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, ISP modems, Site-to-Site VPNs, and client VPNs
- Familiarity with network protocols such as VoIP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET, FTP, TFTP and SSH
- Competency in Windows systems administration, (Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019), including troubleshooting, configuration best practices, GPO functions, and AD management
- Competency with Microsoft Azure/Microsoft 365 environment administration
- Competency with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Occasional state-wide travel.
- Regular travel to and from Integral Blue’s Corporate Office in Madison Heights, MI. Please note that our Corporate office is moving to Auburn Hills, MI in Q1 2022.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jr. Systems Administrator” specified in the subject line.