Utility Staking Technician that will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including telecommunications, electric, power and cable systems. This includes taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate. The Utility Staking Technician will be responsible for collaborating with contractors and consultants to ensure damage free excavations and troubleshoot difficult locates.
This position will work out of our Madison Heights, Michigan office and will require regular travel to locations throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula. Some work in the upper peninsula and out of state may be required.
This position will be provided with a take home company vehicle and is eligible for paid drive time according to company policy. Lodging and meal Per Diems are provided when overnight stays are required.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which includes:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Short Term Disability option
- Company paid Basic Life AD&D and Long Term Disability coverage’s
- Supplemental Life AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions; outdoor experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to analyzes construction plan sets, as-built drawings, schematics and interconnect drawings of electrical and communication systems for the purpose of determining the presence and location of underground utilities.
- Must be available to work overtime and some weekends (as needed).
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Must have ability to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have ability to complete an OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training program, and obtain an OSHA 10-Hour Safety Card.
- Previous experiencing with utility staking principles in various contexts.
- Previous experience with Utility Staking Equipment.
- Utility Staking Certification.
- Previous experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Engineering Technologist certification or degree.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of using hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and safety regulations related to equipment operation, electric currents, traffic patterns and conditions and other work-related precautions to include basic first aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to plan and organize a daily work routine.
- Ability to establish priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, including the preparation of reports and logs.
- Ability to listen and understand directions, information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse project team including Foreman, Field Superintendent, Network/Systems Engineers and Project Managers.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with employees, representatives from other departments, organizations, and the public.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze and evaluate situations and exercise good judgement to make appropriate decisions.
Health and Safety:
- Must be able to constantly walk, bend, and regularly lift up to 75 pounds.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Regular day trips required across Michigan’s lower peninsula.
- Occasional overnight trips required to Michigan’s upper peninsula.
- Possible out of state travel.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to email@example.com with “Utility Staking Technician” specified in the subject line.