Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the delivery of ITS projects from project estimating and bidding through final project acceptance. The ITS PM will work with a project engineer to coordinate and oversee all technical submittals and installation/integration activities. The ITS PM will also work with and direct ITS Field Technicians to ensure that they are properly equipped with plans, equipment and tools.
Integral Blue, LLC provides a competitive employment package which including:
- Competitive wage compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision group benefits options
- Health, dental, vision group benefits coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, and Accident coverage options
- Company paid Basic Life \ AD&D and Long Term Disability coverages
- Supplemental Life \ AD&D insurance options
- 401k with match of 50% up to 6% of annual income
- Education assistance
- Perform proposal/plan “take-offs” and specification review for project bid estimate
- Developing bids estimates and proposals with a detailed scope of work.
- Develop a project schedule
- Technical proposal development
- Develop and/or review bill of materials for different technical project components
- Work with the project engineer to create and track tasks and project milestones
- Manage project budgets
- Work with project engineer to ensure the successful delivery of engineering deliverables.
- Successfully communicate project scope and requirements to subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Communicate with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Work with IB purchasing department to procure material.
- Attend project meetings
- Scheduling work for engineering staff and field technicians.
- Coordinating with inspectors of when field work is scheduled.
- Developing Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify project scope.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in the State of Michigan or the ability to transfer a PE license from another state into Michigan.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills
- Good problem solving and analytical ability
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bicsi Certifications
- Fiber Certifications
- Wireless Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems including video display systems, camera control systems, signal systems, video distribution systems, dynamic message sign systems and connected vehicle technology
- Knowledge of IT engineering guiding principles and practices, including Layer 2 / Layer 3 network design, data throughput capacity analysis, network security, and Frame Relay communications
- Knowledge of design theories and applications of video multicast traffic, including field experience on deployment of leased lines, wireless, fiber optic, and twisted pair Ethernet network devices and systems
- Knowledge of network components, device integration procedures, techniques, IT network design, architecture and compliance standards
- Knowledge of theories, practices, procedures, and methods applied to the installation, maintenance, repair, and modification of serial to Ethernet, RS-232 / RS-422 data, and other RS-232 analog control systems
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment failure
- Knowledge of analog and video transmission methods, practices, and modes of transmission
- Knowledge of in integration of analog and digital video systems into an IP environment
- Knowledge of in installing, maintaining, integrating, and testing IT electronic and network systems
- Knowledge of in operating specialized electronic testing tools, diagnosing problems in sensory and control equipment, and recommending corrective action
- Skill in writing, compiling, and reviewing technical data, specifications and documentation
- Skill in interpreting technical information and producing deployment plans
- Skill in creating, reading and interpreting maps, electrical diagrams and specifications
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Ability to work cooperatively with DOT personnel, contractors, governmental agencies, the general public, and others to prevent, resolve, or minimize ITS related problems
- Ability to read, understand and follow complex specifications, schematics, and manuals
- Ability to schedule projects and order necessary materials and equipment
- Ability to give instructions in work procedures, safety practices, technical aspects, department policies and related requirements
- Ability to organize and conduct surveys
- Ability to present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to plan assignments and supervise professional and technical personnel
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to grow and foster a culture of safety by upholding standards and best practices of safety in the workplace.
- Commit to putting safety first in all aspects of work.
- Report all safety concerns, incidents and near misses.
- Demonstrate commitment to the company’s core values.
- Participate in all initiatives supporting the company’s core values.
- Occasional state-wide travel.
Integral Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates may fill out the web submission form on this page and upload their resume -OR- email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager – PE” specified in the subject line.